1) Refurbishment of Multimedia Lab at a School
This is the district grant project. Refurbishment of the Multimedia Room at Dr.Thaninayagam Tamil Vidyalayam at Borella. This is a primary school providing the basic education to around 150 children of poor families and the multimedia facilities available at this school helps the teachers to perform their teaching effectively. However since the room available for this multimedia is in a bad condition and the teachers could not use the available multimedia facility for a long time. The school authority requested us to refurbish this room with proper electrical wiring, curtains, repairs to the building and ceiling and colour washing.
Considering the fact that the school caters the education of the children of poor families and the school does not have sufficient funds to attend to this refurbishment, our club decided to assist them in attending to the need of this multimedia room utilizing the funds we could get through the District Grant.
- Beneficiaries: 150 students
- Budget LKR 197,000/-
2) Education Project – Families of differently abled – Families of differently abled
We donated essential items for school going students belonging to the families of differently abled persons. The items included shoes, school bags, drink bottles, books, stationary and boxes of instruments to school going children of the families of the members of Uyirilai centre for spinal cord injured persons in Northern Sri Lanka. We also sponsored their refreshments and lunch on the day of the project.
- Total no. of beneficiaries: 250
- Budget LKR 550,000
- Partners: Rotary Club of The Hills Kellywille of RiD 9685, Rotary District 9685 Australia (Rotary Australia World Community Service), Rotary club of Killinochchi Town, Tamil Engineers Forum – Australia, Dhanvantri – (Rotary India), Rotary Club of Bangaloor- Ulsoor
3) Little Minds strong values